Nuturelife Pregnancy Massage – putting you and your baby in the best hands!
Hi all! My name is Michelle English of Essenchelle Massage. As a certified Pregnancy Massage Practitioner obviously I am passionate (and a little bit obsessed) with the job that I do! My practice is based on providing nurturing and holistic pregnancy massage treatments for women through their pregnancy, birth and post-natal experiences. I absolutely love hearing about the positive birth experiences of my clients, and focus on enabling my clients to feel supported, and to help them feel empowered to make informed and positive choices about their health, and the birth of their baby. Recent research has suggested that women who engage complimentary therapies, such as massage, yoga and acupuncture, have a decrease in depressed moods, anxiety and pain levels, significantly shorter labours and hospital stays, and less post-partum depression.
So, what is a Nurturelife Pregnancy Massage, and what are the benefits?
Nurturelife is a holistic perinatal massage therapy method developed by Pregnancy Massage Australia that supports women to have the most positive experiences through pregnancy, birth and beyond. We recognise that pregnancy creates a constant state of change within the woman – physical, emotional and spiritual aspects may all be challenged and affected. During this time, it is important for women to feel that their support team is holding them in a warm, safe and nurturing environment so that they can gather the energy and sense of empowerment to achieve an amazing birth. Certified Nurturelife Practitioners can provide massage to help support the changes that occur from week to week, allowing the body to adapt throughout the pregnancy, and enhance the mother-baby connection. It’s also a great excuse for a little relax and recharge before the big day!
Some of the benefits of Nurturelife Pregnancy Massage care are:
- Insomnia is eased through improved sleep patterns.
- A greater sense of relaxation helps to reduce stress and anxiety levels, benefiting baby’s development and birth preparation.
- Specialised massage techniques are delivered for pain relief, addressing groin pain referred from the uterus, pubic symphysis pain, lumbar, back, pelvic, hip pain, and rib pain common in the third trimester.
- Shoulder and neck massage helps to relieve tension and is especially beneficial in the post-partum, especially when feeding positions are causing pain and tension.
- Hormonal headaches may be reduced.
- Oedema, swelling and discomfort in the legs and arms is eased, which reduces the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Lymphatic flow is increased.
- Leg cramps are minimised due to improved circulation.
- Gentle exercise including pelvic floor.
- Labour preparation massage can encourage spontaneous labour to commence.
- Focus on mother-baby connection.
- Relaxation techniques.
- It feels AMAZING!!!
My services also include Partner Training Support for Labour Sessions, where we focus on working with the birthing partner to gain some extra confidence, connection and techniques to support the labouring woman, and Post-Natal Massage, which is so important to rebalance the mind and body after birth, and so often overlooked in the early phase of being a new parent!
I believe in every woman’s right to feel supported and empowered regardless of her birthing choices or preferences. I have also had experience in supporting and providing nurturing treatments to women who have experienced complications, birth trauma and loss. An essential component of any post-natal treatment that I give is enabling a reconnection with the body after the experience of birth. Being a mum to three, and having experienced wonderful births with my own children I am motivated to help women, through my work, to have equally positive and bonding experiences.
If you are interested in finding out more, or booking in for a therapeutic pregnancy massage treatment I can be contacted on 0402 628 541, through my Facebook page, email or website as listed below.